Save money with internet banking
We should all be looking for ways to save money. When it comes to banking, making use of internet banking is one of the most convenient ways to save.
Internet banking also puts your financial information at your fingertips, which makes it easier to manage your finances. At any given moment, if you have an internet connection, you can check your balances through your African Bank online account. Our internet banking and our mobile banking app are Free-to-Use.
How to check my account online
Internet banking is a free feature for African Bank customers. It allows you to access your account through:
- A computer, by logging on to your account on africanbank.co.za
- A phone or a tablet, using our mobile banking app.
To access Internet Banking, visit the African Bank website to register for an online account. Remember, you will need an email address to be able to use online banking or our mobile banking app.
Although downloading the app requires data, once you have the app, you can use it for free – African bank covers all data usage costs. Downloading the app uses about 64mb of data.
The convenience of internet banking
Nowadays it’s rarely necessary to go into a bank branch, which means you can conduct your financial affairs from wherever you are. Unlike a branch, African Bank’s online and mobile banking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Besides lowering overall banking fees, the benefits of using online banking, include:
- Easily keep track of incoming and outgoing payments
- Use internet banking to keep track of your balance, rather than making an enquiry through an ATM
- Make payments and transfer money easily
- Trace all transactions and statements
- Update personal information conveniently, including resetting your cellphone banking PIN if necessary
- Apply for other African Bank products and know the status of your application
- Manage your African Bank MyWORLD account, including opening new Pockets
- Buy airtime, data or electricity
- Get a full view of your African Bank investments and make use of the Investment Calculator to monitor the growth of your funds
- Monitor your loan status, as well as activate or cancel a payment break
Remember, online banking is an extension of African Bank’s services to you and it’s just one way of engaging with us. If you need a human touch, our consultants are available to assist you. Simply call us on 0861 123 456.